Last night we migrated our Linode for Gamers With Jobs to a new Xen VPS and we've noticed a significant performance boost. We did, however, start encountering a random issue with segmentation faults in Apache. If you haven't seen this happen before, it tends to begin innocently with one Apache process dying, and therefore giving errors (usually WSOD), but quickly balloons into dozens of dead processes. It essentially hoses Apache.
Just some personally useful bash scripts:
Find and delete files using a pattern
Find all files containing a particular string and do something with them - in this case, delete all files like "._*" i.e. "._user.module". This is usually junk left over from dead SSH sessions
for FILE in $(find . | grep '\._');